How to Prepare for the Bio-Wellness Exam:
(Also applies to individual sub-component testing)
2 days prior to testing:
Patient must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Stop taking all supplements / vitamins.
- Ensure you hydrate your body by drinking half your body weight in ounces per day.
- If you are currently taking medication, ask your physician if you are allowed to skip your daily dosage for the 2 days prior to testing.
- Avoid strenuous exercise.
- Avoid pools, hot tubs, and jacuzzis.
The day of your Bio-Wellness testing:
- Print and fill out the Clinical Solutions of Chicago doctor consent form, found under “Providers” forms link on our website.
- Print and fill out the Clinical Solutions of Chicago patient info release authorization that can be found under the “Patients” forms link on our website.
- To prepare for this test we ask that you refrain from using cologne, perfume, hand or foot creams / lotions and that you remove any jewelry, if possible.
- Try to fast 8 hours prior to exam. If this is not possible, try to eat natural low glycemic index foods.
- Please dress in loose clothing so you have the ability to pull your sleeve up to your shoulder, and pant legs to the knee.